Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani - His Life & Teachnings

When Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani was on the way going to "Baghdad" with a large convoy (Qafila), a group of thieves attacked the convoy and took all of their precious belongings, one of the thieves came to him (Sheikh Abdul-Qadir Gilani) and asked him "Boy, tell me what you have in your luggage". He replied "I have forty dinars." The thief searched all of his luggage and could not find the dinars. He then took the boy to his sardar (master) and told him that this boy (Sheikh Abdul-Qadir Gilani) claims he has forty dinars, but after searching his belongings I could not find the dinars. The sardar (Chief Of Thieves) then asked, "Boy, do you lie?" He replied "No, I am not lying, the dinars were sewn by my mother into my shalwar (His Cloth)." Then one of the thieves checked and found the money. The sardar (Chief Of Thieves) then asked him. "Boy, you could have lied to us and could have saved your money, why you didn't you lie?" Sheikh Abdul-Qadir Gilani replied "Before I started my journey, my mother advised me to tell The Truth even if someone tries to kill me as Allah swt frowns upon those who do not speak the truth." After listening to this the sardar began to cry, as this little boy had so much fear of Allah that he did not lie in such a situation, after this incident the chief and his thieves accepted Islam and said
"Ašhadu ʾanna laa ilāha illa Allāh, wa ašhadu anna Muḥammadan rasūlo Allāh"
“I testify that - There is no god but Allah, and I testify - Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah"

Click To Download

No comments: